Thursday, May 25, 2017

Is it only Day 3?

In 3 days I've walked almost 30 miles.  Crazy.  Anyway, today I rode the Great Western Railway to Windsor to see Windsor Castle.  It is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world and an official residence of the Queen.  Of course you can't take pictures inside.  Seems to be going trend almost everywhere I visit.








I got back in time to go back to the Westminster Abbey that I missed yesterday.





After Westminster Abbey, I walked over to the Churchill War Rooms.  Very interesting and cool history.

To end my day, I took a River Cruise for happy hour and had a beer while on the river.

Big Ben

London Eye - I didn't go on this.  The Sky Garden is higher and provides better views... and is free. :-) 





this is the Sky Garden :-) 

This bridge was built by all women while the men were away at war.

Back when advertising was not allowed on the river, this company got away with it by creating this windows that happened to be the name of their company.  


1 comment: