So back up one day. Yesterday. Or Saturday and Sunday I guess. I lost some hours in there somewhere. Anyways, I left Denver no problems. I'm still coughing... although it is subsiding with the pills Avril gave me but thats later. I arrive in Iceland approximately 7 hours later via big plane. The Iceland airport is so tiny! Probably half the size of our security terminal area in Denver.... small airport. One runway. I only had an hour layover... then 3 hours later I am in London. I get my bag and find the underground. Super easy if you know where you are going. Lots of people and they like to move fast... no lolly gagging around. The Piccadilly Line takes me straight to Finsbury Park where my Airbnb is 0.8 miles away from the station... and here is where the adventure begins. Dragging 2 bags behind me, I turn the wrong way to go to my airbnb. I had looked at the map and knew the direction to go except I did not realize there were 2 exits out of the station. So I thought I turned the right way but it was the wrong way... I went 1/2 mile before I decided to turn my GPS on to help me since I was not running into the street like I should have been. GPS took me in a few circles and, after almost giving up and just calling an uber, i found the street! I was at the beginning of the street - literally #1 - and had to go all the way down to #91 but I made it... 2 miles later.... dragging 2 bags... the shower felt great and I slept for almost 12 hours! I met Avril who took me around and showed me the quick way to get to the Underground. And we stopped at the near by rooftop pub and had a Guinness :-) She gave me some pills - cold relief - for my cough... see if it helps. I took no pictures of my journey :-( but here is my room :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment