Monday, May 22, 2017

Day 1 - London!

I got a late start this morning... didn't leave until almost 9:00 and after taking the underground to London Tower it was almost 10:30!  Definitely leaving earlier tomorrow.  I was in rush hour craziness!  Londoners (?) like to move fast... especially when they are going to work.  They can cram a lot of people on those trains... packed like sardines.  Quite the experience.

I have the 6-day London pass that includes most of the stuff that I want to see while I'm here.  Today I had free reservation for the Sky Garden.  I heard the sky garden had better views than the London Eye and it was free. I figured I would ride around on the Hop off Hop on bus tour for a little bit and end up back at the Sky Garden for my reservation.  It was a beautiful day and I saw a lot of the city from the bus.  The bus got caught in a bit of traffic... I'm not a big city driver anyways and definitely do not think I would want to drive around here.





The Sky Garden was beautiful!  Definitely worth visiting and great views of the city!





After the sky garden, I went over to the Tower of London.  Very interesting and lot of history there.  Crown Jewels extravaganza is there... Quite amazing and surreal.



I toured Tower Bridge next.  The walkways have glass panels in the floor which is pretty cool.





By the time I was done with the bridge, it was 5pm and most attractions close around then.  So I grabbed some dinner at the Vault under the bridge and headed home.  Pretty good for Day 1 I think.  Ready for sleep and Day 2 tomorrow :-)




1 comment: