Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Update: Phase 2 (of 3): In Colorado, Looking for Work

I up and moved from North Carolina once I sold my house… without a potential job lined up in Colorado. I had a free place to stay in the mountains in the Poudre Canyon and enough money to last a few months so I wasn’t too worried.

The first week I was back in Colorado, I did absolutely nothing! My brother Brandon was getting married the weekend I got back so I was getting prepared for that. It was a fun small wedding in Blackhawk… a little gambling town in Colorado. They looked so beautiful together :-)

My brother Clayton works for Liberty Oil and scored great tickets to the Garth Brooks Concert! It was awesome! We had our own suite stocked with food and beer. Good times.
After the wedding weekend and Garth, I hit the ground running… went shopping for interview clothes, sent my resume everywhere I could, and talked to some staffing agencies. And the fun interviews begin....

While waiting in the mountains, my car was buried in snow! We watched a lot of movies, read, and ate… mostly popcorn. ☺
A month later I was not having much luck and was starting to worry. Then I got a call from Department of Commerce for an administrative position with NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). I interviewed with them and then waited… a few days, I received notice that I had an offer coming to me. After all the background checks and paperwork filled out, I started work on May 4th. ☺ It is a beautiful campus in foothills of Boulder.


Stay tuned for the last Update, Phase 3: Getting moved in my new house! 





No comments:

Post a Comment