Sunday, June 7, 2015

Wild Animal Sanctuary....

A few weeks ago... April 25th to be exact, I went to visit the Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg, CO with J.J. and her family. I never knew this place was here.  I grew up an hour away and never knew it was here!  Craziness.  Anyways, the Sanctuary started in 1980 by Pat Craig It is "the oldest and largest nonprofit Sanctuary in the US dedicated exclusively to rescuing captive exotic and endangered large carnivores, providing them with a wonderful life for as long as they live, and educating about the tragic plight faced by an estimated 30,000 such animals in America today" (quote taken from website www.wildanimalsanctuary.org )

It is a pretty cool place.  I've been to a few nonprofit sanctuaries in the past and this is definitely one of the best ones.  Check out their website for more info!  Here's some pictures from our visit:











No comments:

Post a Comment