I have heard this many, many times and have always believed it. Tonight I saw it in action.
I joined Cary Photographic Artists (CPA) a few weeks ago. We meet twice a month and have random outings throughout the year. Tonights meeting was peer critique. Everyone brings in one or two photos (at least 8x10) and we share and critique each other. No bad comments are allowed, just improvement comments, what you like about it, etc. I saw a lot of great work and some good work. Nothing was really bad, everything was good. A lot of people in the group have really expensive cameras... Don't get me wrong, I have a great camera but its not an SLR with changeable lens and all. Mainly because I don't want to carry all that equipment around and I don't have enough money for all that. Some of the pictures taken with the expensive stuff weren't any better then what I would take. So I am a very firm believer that its about the photographer. Anyways the whole experience was fun and interesting. It feels so good to hear remarks about my work and know that people like my photos... not just me.
So here's the photo I took last night.... everyone loved it. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment