I watched a lot of specials yesterday that focused on remembering 9/11/2001. I can't believe its been 10 years. Like everyone else on that day, I can easily remember what I was doing like it was today all over again. I lived in Colorado then and was working for Hauser, Inc. I was getting ready for work, and like everyday, I turned the news on and had it on in the background. I heard something about a plane accident and then they said into the world trade center.... wait, did I hear that right? Who would hit the world trade center ACCIDENTALLY? So I watched for a bit... and then the 2nd plane hit the other tower. Ok. Not an accident. I went to work listening to the news. I got to work and everyone was in the break room watching tv. We pretty much spent the day in the breakroom in awe and then went home early... still in awe.
There are only a few days from my life that I can really remember like it were yesterday.... 9/11 is one of them.
The 9/11 Memorial opened yesterday. I love that they let loved ones of the killed in first. That means a lot to the families. It meant a lot to me and I'm not even family. Anyway it looks amazing and I can't wait to go see it in person. Here's one of my favorite photos of the memorial....
There were a lot of posts yesterday.... quotes, pictures, remembering. So I'm going to leave you with 3 that really touched me yesterday that I saw posted by friends and family...
"evil is real, and so is courage" - President George W . Bush at the flight 93 memorial. It's not September 11th that defines us as a nation; it's September 12th. On that day we brushed the dust off our shoulders and many of us answered the call and we took it to the enemy.
"Now, we have inscribed a new memory alongside those others. It’s a memory of tragedy and shock, of loss and mourning. But not only of loss and mourning. It’s also a memory of bravery and self-sacrifice, and the love that lays down its life for a friend–even a friend whose name it never knew."
- President George W. Bush, December 11, 2001
WE WILL NEVER FORGET
For the husband who told his wife he loved her before his plane went down in a field. For the wife who stopped in the stairs to call her husband to say she will love him forever. For the mothers and fathers who kissed their kids goodbye that morning for the last time. For the policemen, firemen, and other rescue workers who rushed in to help others and lost their lives. For the soldiers who fought back and made the ultimate sacrifice. Today, tomorrow, years from now, we will remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment