Sunday, July 24, 2011

Life.... and misc ramblings......

As I sit here watching The Man from Snowy River (yes 1982 CLASSIC :-)   I think of all the things that i need to be doing, should be doing, people i need to talk to, people i miss.  But still I sit here and watch.  My mom and I have this movie memorized and could recite it word-for-word... it never gets old.

Anyways, LIFE.  Right now there are a million things i want to do and seem to be doing NONE of them.  I need to get out more, meet more people, go to new places, read my daily devotions, etc, etc, etc.... the list goes on and on.  But where do I start?  Good question....

So earlier I went to a friend's birthday party and met some new people.  While talking to these people I apparently joined a team - its pool, which i already play on Tuesday nights.  This team plays on Wednesday nights but same place i play on tuesdays.  I thought this team that I apparently joined did not start until next session..... i was wrong.  Its a different league and they are 3 weeks into their session.  So I start this week, on Wednesday.  I guess there's where I start!  New people but not new place... but a start to something anyways. 

I am doing some other things to make my life more exciting.... I am trying to join the Big Brother Big Sister program.  Apparently there is a waiting list for the big sisters part because there are not enough little sisters in the program.  I don't really understand why the little bros can't have big sisters?!?  My brothers had a big sister.... There is a shortage in big brothers so why can't they have a sister?  But its not the way their program is ran I guess so I'm on a waiting list.  They tell me possibly end of September something may be available. 

I would love to get into event planning.... but I don't even know how to get that started. 

I am (at least I think I am) putting some of my framed photography up at a Cary gallery... I think its just for a day though.  I'm also supposed to some work during the day to be able to display it for the day... not really sure on the details.  It's in August so I'll find out soon enough.  Anyways, we'll come back to that later.

Anyways, it's about that time to call it a night.... Actually its a bit earlier then my normal time but I'm trying to make myself go to the gym in the morning so the more sleep the better.  :-)   I do know that tomorrow I need to get my left headlight on my car fixed.... its probably not a good idea to drive "tipsy" at night with a headlight out... not saying I did that, just saying it probably wouldn't be a good idea ;-)   

Enough rambling.... until next time :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment