We ate at Ken's one last time before leaving Hilo. Driving back to Kona we had to pass Tex Drive-in again so of course we stopped for more malasadas! Our main goal for the day was to find a nice beach and sit for a bit... we really didn't have any beach time yet so it was due. We stopped at Hapuna Beach State Park and walked around for a bit. Beautiful Beach but it was a little windy.
We stopped at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. It really is its own village in a resort. They have a boat that goes around and a tram. We rode the tram as the boat only runs in the afternoon. They have shops, bars, pools, and dolphins there.... but no sandy beach which is disappointing. By the ocean, but no beach.
We finally got to Kona and went to get coffee, of course. :-) I've never been to a Luau and my flight wasn't leaving until 10pm so we booked a luau. My mom got VIP so we got lei and preferred seating in the front. We played games, learned to hula, got tattoos, ate great food, and saw a great show! Then had to cut out a few minutes early to go to the airport.
I LOVED Hawaii!!! I didn't want to leave and I can't wait to go back! The weather is fantastic! I can't say enough how much I loved it. :-)


















No comments:
Post a Comment