Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I found a winning lottery ticket in the trash and I have to give the money back??

I didn't really, but I got your attention :)   I get all my news from Yahoo... probably not the best source of news but I login to check my email so I see the news they have on their website.  This morning this is what I read....  
http://news.yahoo.com/woman-lost-ark-lotto-ticket-entitled-1m-001711454.html

Seriously???  First, if I found a winning ticket in a trashcan, I'm not going to admit that!  I would claim it as my own.  Second, the lady that threw it away, THREW IT AWAY!  Enough said.  She shouldn't even be in this story!  And the judge says the lady that threw it away is entitled to the money???  So if I find something - lets say a coin - in my neighbors trash and I pawn it for $1M, my neighbor can claim it?  Or I'm playing at a casino and I leave my machine.  Someone sits down and wins the jackpot as soon as I get up, can I claim that?  This is just insane that the lady that relinquished the ticket by throwing it away can now claim it as her own!  What is wrong with our justice system?  This case shouldn't have even went to court....

No comments:

Post a Comment