My church - yes I said "my". I've been more than 3 times, I feel I can say my church. Anyways, my church has a fund raising project called the Parable Project. They passed out $150 to each person and we are supposed to invest the funds according to our unique talents.On January 30, 2011 funds will be collected and the proceeds will be used to support community organizations, projects and events that make a tangible difference in our community.
My current talent seems to be pool... you know, the table with 15 balls that you hit around and try to get them all in the pockets. Pool. Anyways, I decided to have a pool tournament. I have named it accordingly - The Parable Project Scotch Doubles Pool Tournament. Scotch doubles being the type of tournament...basically you have to have a partner to play and you take turns shooting the balls in the pockets.
My tournament is set for January 8th. I am hoping that I can get other companies to donate prizes, food, whatever and that I do not have to spend any of the $150 my church gave me and it can go right back to the church. I have emailed and sent letters to numerous places asking for such things. I am anxiously awaiting their replies!
No comments:
Post a Comment